Batman actor Christian Bale has been released on police bail after being questioned for four hours over allegations of assaulting his mother and his sister at a London hotel.
Sources said that Bale was accused of lashing out at his family members - pushing one of them - in an argument over a long-running family dispute.
Bale was arrested when he attended Belgravia police station in London today after his mother and sister had reported him to police.
He left the back of the station in a blacked out silver Mercedes people carrier and sped past the awaiting paparazzi and heavy security.
Bale gave a statement to detectives of his version of events in what was described by police sources as an allegation of a “minor” common assault.
The 34-year-old was bailed until September and will be allowed to fly back to his home in America.
Jenny Bale, 61, and daughter Sharon, 41, today said an "incident" had taken place but refused to give any details.
Sharon originally denied knowing anything about it but they said: "OK, there was an incident but the police are dealing with it.
"It is an extremely sensitive situation. There is nothing more I can say."
The alleged assault was believed to have taken place on Sunday night at Park Lane's Dorchester Hotel, where Bale was staying ahead of the screening of the new Batman blockbuster The Dark Knight in London's West End on Monday night.
Mrs Bale said: "Yes I was there and yes there was a family situation but the police are handling it and I cannot say anymore at the moment.
"We didn't call the police to the scene. I can't say anymore but we didn't call the police."
Mrs Bale and her daughter are said to have gone to a police station in Hampshire to make the allegation, which was subsequently referred to the Metropolitan Police.
A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "A 34-year-old man attended a London Police Station on Tuesday by appointment and was arrested in connection with an allegation of assault."
Sources said the argument was over a long-running family dispute.
A statement issued through Bale’s lawyers said: “Christian Bale attended a London Police station today, on a voluntary basis, in order to assist with an allegation that had been made against him to the police by his mother and sister.
“Mr Bale, who denies the allegation, co-operated throughout, and left the station without any charge being made against him by police.”
Bale was born in Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, South Wales, in 1974. His mother was a circus clown and dancer and the actor grew up in a hippy environment.
In an interview three years ago Jenny said: "I was a dancer in the circus for a while. Christian didn't perform but he often watched me.
"I think he loved all the excitement and acting just happened after that. We were always surrounded by animals too. We'd take in every stray cat and dog, so it was quite mad."
His father, David, grew up in South Africa and ran away to sea, ending up in Britain where he became a pilot stationed in RAF Brawdy near Haverfordwest.
The family moved around via Portugal and Oxfordshire before settling in Bournemouth, where Christian spent his childhood with sisters Louise and Sharon.
Mr Bale was a devoted animal rights and environmental activist. He split from his wife in 1991, when Christian was 13, and four years later the actor moved with him to Los Angeles.
David died, at 62, from a brain tumour in December 2003 and Christian was at his bedside. Since moving to LA he has only been back to Wales once.
Mrs Bale lives in a modest, detached house in Southbourne in nearby Bournemouth.
In a previous interview, Mrs Bale said her famous son had never shunned or snubbed her.
Sharon lives in a semi-detached house near Wimborne, Dorset, which today had the blinds pulled down.
Despite the alleged incident and report, Bale attended the first European screening of The Dark Knight on Monday night.
He was joined on the red carpet by Maggie Gyllenhaal, who plays love interest Rachel Dawes, and Sir Michael Caine who plays Bruce Wayne's faithful butler and father figure Alfred. The film took a record $158.3 million in its opening weekend at the US box office overtaking Spiderman 3, which took $151.1 million.
Interest in the movie has increased because of the death of Heath Ledger. His performance as Batman's arch nemesis The Joker, has been widely tipped by critics, as well as Caine, to receive a posthumous Oscar.
Watch Chrsitian Batman Bale talk about his "dark side"
EUROPE'S FINEST TOPLESS HONEYS
3PLT: Saturday Morning Alive Show #1 - All Rights Reserved 2010 - The Niles Lesh Project Follow NILES LESH / MIENFOKS on TWITTER !
SHE IS A POTENTIAL F D I L F !!! Meghan McCain is a 23-year-old, socially liberal John Kerry voter who loves Superbad, Dita von Teese, Bud L...
Business must be slow for porn star Amy Reid these days. Reid is advertising her “services” on an escort service website. Now you too can pi...
Chloe Marshall has recently won the Miss Surrey 2008 beauty pageant. She will now advance to the Miss England contest, which is open to fema...
Ava Fiore is a Playboy model and 2002 Golden Gloves champion boxer. She was arrested on Wednesday night on I 80 east in Kimball, Nebraska. P...
OSBORN COX? - NOW THAT IS A GREAT NAME !!!
Missed it ? - The Archives !
- ► 2010 (80)
- ► 2009 (319)
- 50 SEXIEST BLONDES - Nuts Magazine
- ADRIANA LIMA - Flaunts Her BioFit Bra !
- PRINCESS CHUNK - Takes a Bite of the Big Apple
- Shigeo Tokuda - Japan's 73 year old Porn Star !
- Lottery Winner's New "Girlfriend" Busted !
- Finally - The Marvin the Martian Movie !
- I am So a Ninja !
- GONZO - The Life & Work of Hunter S Thompson
- Unfortunate Engagement Announcements ?
- The Beer Guzzling Tree Shrew ?
- TV Host Trips Balls on National TV in 1961 !
- The Lightning Gallery
- MICK JAGGER AT 65 COLLECTS $180 A WEEK !
- Swimming Around the World !
- ELLEN D- WORKS THE HAWAIIAN CHAIR !
- Jupiter's Big Red Spot Swallows the Competition
- GRAFFITI 2.0 - HIGH TECH TAGS !
- Best Ever Nip Slips - ZOO magazine
- Mienfoks Photo Caption Contest 2
- LUCY PINDER - "Fancy a Lick" Loaded Magazine
- Not So Famous but Still Sexy Girl Gallery
- ADRIANA LIMA - 2008 ESPY Awards Arrivals
- The Moroccan Tree Goats ?
- MISCHA BARTON - Topless - Nylon Magazine
- Darkside of Peru's Guinea Pig Festival ???
- Now you can eat ELTON JOHN's Yellow Brickle !
- ANNA KORNIKOVA - Busty @ Miami Fashion Show
- BATMAN's Dark Knight Busted !
- Mienfoks invades Hooters in Atlantic City !
- The Most Dominant Team in Sports !
- Do You Have Change for a 100 Billion ?
- Best of MYSPACE - Super Hero Costumes
- Top Ten Things Overheard in line to see Batman
- Naughty By Nature !
- Mienfoks - Sunday Edition
- The Dark Knight Breaks Records $$$
- ROSARIO DAWSON - Hoses off her real curves !
- SALMA HAYEK - Engagement is Over !
- SEXIEST SUMMER EVER - Front Magazine
- SUPERMAN vs SPIDERMAN
- La bellissima Elisabetta Canalis
- Mienfoks - Randomly Sexy Shots
- GISELE BUNDCHEN "V Magazine" Fall 2008 - Mario Tes...
- DONKEY PUNCH - The Movie ???
- Mienfoks Caption Contest
- IRAN - Now in Possesion of Adobe Photoshop ?
- RAMPAGE JACKSON - The Perfect Getaway ?
- MEGAN FOX - Rolling Stone Magazine - Out takes
- Election Update - The "No Values" Voters ?
- EVA MENDEZ - Nude - JACK Magazine(Italy)
- EVA LONGORIA - Finds a Fire Hydrant Friend
- MARLA MAPLES - Still Turning Heads !
- I love the Beach !
- Painfully Honest Tatoos
- TEMPEST STORM - 80 year old stripper !
- Love is getting married at THE WAFFLE HOUSE
- Chris Jordan's American Consumption Art - 32,000 B...
- Katrina Hodge "Combat Barbie" Miss England Finals
- Random Bizzare Images
- ZOO Magazine - World's Best Boob Jobs !
- CHRISTINA RICCI - Green Eyes
- EBAY Spoofs - Monkey's Paw - 3 wishes included !
- Improv Everywhere - Human Mirror !
- RANDOM PHOTOS FROM THE BLOGOSPHERE !
- Elyse Umemoto"Miss Washington 2007" Extremely Cand...
- Mr Methane to blow away audiences !
- KEELEY HAZELL - NUDE- FRENCH MAXIM
- Want the Viagra effect - Eat Watermelon ???
- BRUCE WILLIS - What Just Happened "The Beard"
- MARISSA MILLER - GQ Magazine - August 2008
- White Bengal Tiger Cubs !
- STEVE-O "My Brain is F**ked Up" !
- ANA BEATRIZ BARROS - Bella di Calda Fumare - Itali...
- DARTH VADER - Cheats at golf ???
- Playmates on Family Feud !
- MISS UNIVERSE CONTESTANTS IN VIETNAM
- MATTEL'S HOTWHEELS WORTH MORE THAN GENERAL MOTORS ...
- Freedom Flashes Its Middle Finger in New Jersey !!...
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA !
- HOW TO BE A RESPONSIBLE AMERICAN CITIZEN
- LARRY "BOZO" HARMON ( 1925 - 2008 ) R I P
- THING 2 DO IN NYC - CRAWL INSIDE EDDIE MURPHYS HEA...
- CLAWS FOR CONCERN - 17 LB MONSTER CRAB !
- BEACH VOLLEY BALLS BEST BUTTS !
- Woman Selling Herself is Not a Whore ???
- LIFE'S MOST AWKWARD COMFORTS ?
- THE MILEY CYRUS USAGE CRISIS ?
- ▼ July (87)