My photo
You can pretend to be serious; But you can't pretend to be funny.

3PLT: Saturday Morning Alive Show

3PLT: Saturday Morning Alive Show
Watch Now

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Katrina Hodge "Combat Barbie" Miss England Finals




A female squaddie who fought off a suspected Iraqi insurgent has swapped guns for glamour and won a place in the final of Miss England 2008.

Katrina Hodge, 21, dubbed 'Combat Barbie' after being honoured for saving the lives of members of her regiment, will represent England at Miss World 2008 if she wins in July.

She wants to use her place in the Miss England competition to highlight the work of the Armed Forces.

Ms Hodge was given a bravery commendation in 2005 after members of her regiment were threatened at gunpoint by a suspected Iraqi insurgent after the vehicle they were travelling in overturned.

She said: 'I was in complete shock at first. The force of the accident caused our vehicle to roll over three times and threw us off guard.

'As I came round, the Iraqi suspect was standing over us with the rifles. I knew if I didn't act fast then our lives would be in danger. I punched him and the force startled him enough for me to retrieve the rifles from him.'

Ms Hodge, a military clerk with The Adjutant General's Corps, has already won the Miss Tunbridge Wells crown.

She said: 'I was delighted to have been selected for the Miss England final and it is a great honour.

'Being a part-time model and a serving soldier is certainly a world apart.

No comments:

Popular Posts

Missed it ? - The Archives !