Saturday, May 31, 2008
Attention Male Golfers! How many times has this happened? You arrive at the golf course, and soon you’re on to 18 holes with your best buddies. After drinking sport ades, water, beer, and whatever, you’re on the 3rd hole with no rest room in sight. There are no trees or bushes around and you just gotta go, what are you going to do?
HELL YEA ITS A REAL PRODUCT
HELL YEA ITS A REAL PRODUCT
Friday, May 30, 2008
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Harvey Korman, the tall, versatile comedian who won four Emmys for his outrageously funny contributions to "The Carol Burnett Show" and played a conniving politician to hilarious effect in "Blazing Saddles," died Thursday. He was 81.
Korman died at UCLA Medical Center after suffering complications from the rupture of an abdominal aortic aneurysm four months ago, his family said. He had undergone several major operations.
"He was a brilliant comedian and a brilliant father," daughter Kate Korman said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press. "He had a very good sense of humor in real life. "
A natural second banana, Korman gained attention on "The Danny Kaye Show," appearing in skits with the star. He joined the show in its second season in 1964 and continued until it was canceled in 1967. That same year he became a cast member in the first season of "The Carol Burnett Show."
His most memorable film role was as the outlandish Hedley Lamarr (who was endlessly exasperated when people called him Hedy) in Mel Brooks' 1974 Western satire, "Blazing Saddles."
"A world without Harvey Korman — it's a more serious world," Brooks told the AP on Thursday. "It was very dangerous for me to work with him because if our eyes met we'd crash to floor in comic ecstasy. It was comedy heaven to make Harvey Korman laugh."
On television, Burnett and Korman developed into the perfect pair with their burlesques of classic movies such as "Gone With the Wind" and soap operas like "As the World Turns" (their version was called "As the Stomach Turns").
Another recurring skit featured them as "Ed and Eunice," a staid married couple who were constantly at odds with the wife's mother (a young Vickie Lawrence in a gray wig). In "Old Folks at Home," they were a combative married couple bedeviled by Lawrence as Burnett's troublesome young sister.
Korman revealed the secret to the long-running show's success in a 2005 interview: "We were an ensemble, and Carol had the most incredible attitude. I've never worked with a star of that magnitude who was willing to give so much away."
Burnett was devastated by Korman's death, said her assistant, Angie Horejsi.
"She loved Harvey very much," Horejsi said.
After 10 successful seasons, Korman left Burnett's show in 1977 for his own series. Dick Van Dyke took his place, but the chemistry was lacking and the Burnett show was canceled two years later. "The Harvey Korman Show" also failed, as did other series starring the actor.
"It takes a certain type of person to be a television star," he said in that 2005 interview. "I didn't have whatever that is. I come across as kind of snobbish and maybe a little too bright. ... Give me something bizarre to play or put me in a dress and I'm fine."
Brooks tapped Korman's kinetic comic chops often, including roles in "High Anxiety," "The History of the World Part I" and "Dracula: Dead and Loving It."
"I gave him tongue twisters because I knew he was the only one who could wrap his mouth around them," Brooks said. "Harvey was such a good solid actor that he could have done Shakespearean drama just as well and easily as he did comedy."
Brooks described Korman as a "dazzling" comic talent.
"You could get rock-solid comedy out of him. He could lift the material. He always made it real, always made it work, always believed in characters he was doing," he said.
Korman's other films included two "Pink Panther" moves, "Trail of the Pink Panther" in 1982 and "Curse of the Pink Panther" in 1983; "Gypsy," "Huckleberry Finn" (as the King), "Herbie Goes Bananas" and "Bud and Lou" (as legendary straightman Bud Abbott to Buddy Hackett's Lou Costello).
In television, Korman guest-starred in dozens of series including "The Donna Reed Show," "Dr. Kildare," "Perry Mason," "The Wild Wild West," "The Muppet Show," "The Love Boat" and "Burke's Law."
Korman and "Carol Burnett" co-star Tim Conway continued working together into their '70s, touring the country with their show "Tim Conway and Harvey Korman: Together Again." They did 120 shows a year, sometimes as many as six or eight in a weekend.
Korman had an operation in late January on a non-cancerous brain tumor and pulled through "with flying colors," Kate Korman said. Less than a day after coming home, he was re-admitted because of the ruptured aneurysm and was given a few hours to live. But he survived for another four months.
"He fought until the very end. He didn't want to die. He fought for months and months," said Kate Korman.
Harvey Herschel Korman was born Feb. 15, 1927, in Chicago. He left college for service in the U.S. Navy, resuming his studies afterward at the Goodman School of Drama at the Chicago Art Institute. After four years, he decided to try New York.
"For the next 13 years I tried to get on Broadway, on off-Broadway, under or beside Broadway," he told a reporter in 1971.
He had no luck and had to support himself as a restaurant cashier. Finally, in desperation, he and a friend formed a nightclub comedy act.
"We were fired our first night in a club, between the first and second shows," he recalled.
After returning to Chicago, Korman decided to try Hollywood, reasoning that "at least I'd feel warm and comfortable while I failed."
For three years he sold cars and worked as a doorman at a movie theater. Then he landed the job with Kaye.
In 1960 Korman married Donna Elhart and they had two children, Maria and Christopher. They divorced in 1977. Two more children, Katherine and Laura, were born of his 1982 marriage to Deborah Fritz.
In addition to his daughter Kate, he is survived by his wife and the three other children.
Associated Press Writers Alicia Chang and Raquel Maria Dillon contributed to this report.
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- A Florida woman who is considered to be the world's oldest driver got her license renewed until 2011.
Lillian Cox, 101, said she has been driving since 1915 and continues to travel around Tallahassee in her 1984 sedan.
"They're surprised that I'd get a driver's license at 101," Cox said. "But I have four more years."
Local 6 showed video of the woman driving around a neighborhood.
"I'm sure I look (101 years old) but they don't let me know that," Cox said while driving around a neighborhood.
Cox has been invited to the "Tonight Show with Jay Leno."
She said she hopes the show picks her up in a limo.
WATCH VIDEO NEWS STORY HERE
Thursday, May 29, 2008
EUROPE'S FINEST TOPLESS HONEYS
"Intelligence is the capacity to receive, decode and transmit information efficiently. Stupidity is blockage of this process at any po...
Pat Venditte is a minor league pitcher with the Staten Island Yankees. He was selected in the 20th round of the 2008 draft with the 620th ov...
Ava Fiore is a Playboy model and 2002 Golden Gloves champion boxer. She was arrested on Wednesday night on I 80 east in Kimball, Nebraska. P...
Wow Paulina still very perky at 44 ! Read about Paulas interesting childhood escaping the iron curtain THE NILES LESH PROJECT - ALL...
Donald Trump, a co-owner of “Miss USA”, “Miss Universe” and “Miss Teen USA” pageants, has come up with a new reality TV show which will take...
Missed it ? - The Archives !
- ► 2010 (80)
- ► 2009 (319)
- ANGELINE JOLIE - VANITY FAIR COVER
- THE GEEK GANG SIGN CHART ???
- MILA KUNIS - LOOKING HOT PUMPING GAS ! ! !
- THE "SARAH JESSICA PARKER LOOKS LIKE A HORSE" WEBS...
- FINALLY - The UroClub™ is Here!!
- EMMANUELLE CHRIQUI - ZOHAN PREMIER
- HARVEY KORMAN (1927 - 2008)
- 101-Year-Old Woman Gets Driver's License Renewed U...
- BATTLESTAR GALACTICA BABES - Tricia Helfer, Grace ...
- ARE YOU SURE YOU REALLY WANT TO ?
- STANASLOV JAGELO - ARTIST
- INTERNATIONAL GRAFFITTI ART !
- GEMMA ATKINSON - BIKINI CALENDER SHOOT
- KIM KARDASHIAN - BLACK BIKINI TOP
- EMMANUELLE CHRIQUI - TOPLICIOUS ?
- REALITY SUCKS !
- TILA TEQUILA - BLENDER MAGAZINE
- KITLER ?? ?
- WACKY TATOOS OF CELEBRITIES
- HOME VIDEO CLASSICS - BEARS WRECK CAR !
- AVRIL LAVIGNE - GERMAN MAXIM - JUNE 2008
- MATTESSON'S SAUSAGE - U KNOW U WANT IT ?
- ASHLEY HARKLEROAD - SEXY TENNIS PLAYER
- SYDNEY POLLACK - FILMMAKER (1934 - 2008)
- CARRIE UNDERWOOD AUDITION TAPE
- SPANISH BABY LEAPING FESTIVAL ???
- OLD PEOPLE ARE FUNNY ! ! !
- WHO WANTS SOME PUDDING ???
- FINALLY -THE RAT - THE CAT - THE DOG ???
- ELISHA CUTHBERT - MAXIM MAGAZINE
- FUNNY INSPIRATIONAL POSTERS VOLUME 2
- SEXIEST ALBUM COVERS OF ALL TIME ! ! !
- NATALIE PORTMAN - CANNES 2008 - "CHE" PREMIER
- HISTORY'S BEST INTERNET SITES ???
- FUNNY INSPIRATIONAL POSTERS ! ! !
- FUNNY SIGNS AND POSTER ADS !!!
- MONICA BELLUCCI - 12 B&W BEAUTY SHOTS
- CANNES FILM FESTIVAL BRINGS OUT THE STARS
- SAMSUNG'S 82" 3820 x 2160 PIXEL QUAD HDTV
- SCARLETT JOHANSSON - ITALIAN GQ - SEXIEST SHOOT YE...
- NUNS WITH GUNS ???
- CANDACE CABRERA - "BLACK" FLAVOR OF LOVE
- JAPANESE TV - THE OFFICE ???
- CLAUDIA SCHIFFER - GERMAN VOGUE - SEPIAS
- THE ART OF DECEPTION - THUMBNAIL CHEATS ?
- MR SULU (GEORGE TAKEI) - MANS THE HELM ?
- INDIANA JONES - CRYSTAL SKULLDUGGERY ?
- FINALLY - TAXIDERMY ASS FACE ! ! !
- A POLITICAL DUDE ?
- JESSICA ALBA - MICHAEL THOMPSON SHOOT
- BEST MUGSHOTS EVER ! ! !
- FUNNY GIFS ! ! !
- KATIE HOLMES - PRE TOMCAT CUTENESS !
- AIRPLANES IN LOVE ???
- AUBREY ODAY - CLASSIC BLUE EYED BLONDE
- LISA RAYE - SMOOTH MAGAZINE
- Icelandic Phallological(DICK) Museum ?
- AUDRINA PATRIDGE - ON THE SET " THE REEF "
- BRITTANY ROBERTSON - PROFESSIONAL BODY GREASER
- THE Z MACHINE
- BATMAN - DARK KNIGHT - JOKER POSTERS
- FINALLY - A SOLAR POWERED BRA ???
- RATE YOUR WIFE - 1930'S STYLE ! ! !
- JAPANESE TV - HUMAN CATAPULT ???
- CHRISTINA AGUILERA - BIG AND BEAUTIFUL
- DRAGONBALL -THE PREQUEL
- AGYNESS DEYN - LEAPS INTO FAME ?
- t.A.T.u. - Белый Плащик (White Robe) Uncensored
- KATE MOSS - "LET THEM EAT KATE" LINGERIE
- GREATEST TELEVISION MELTDOWNS ! ! !
- MEGAN FOX - ON THE SET "JENNIFERS BODY "
- FINALLY - THE NEW 90120 SHOW !
- STRANGE POP CULTURE TATOO CHOICES
- ALCOHOL - HELPS PEOPLE GET LAID ?
- MANBABIES ???
- CLAUDIA SCHIFFER - GERMAN VOGUE
- GWYNETH PALTROW - WANTS YOU TO WANT HER
- You jsut spent $33.6 million for a painting of a ...
- FINALLY - THE "MR BIG" VIBRATOR ! ! !
- JAPANESE TV - MR BALLOON MAN !
- SPENCER TUNICK - SOCCER STADIUM NUDES
- MIENFOKS EXCLUSIVE - FRANK ZAPPA INTERVIEW
- KIM KARDASHIAN - RALPH LAURENT LINGERIE - COMPLEX ...
- BUTT GRABBED BY TERROR POLICE ???
- LAPTOP THIEVES BUSTED BY LAPTOP ???
- COCA COLA - VINTAGE ARTWORK
- MARIAH CAREY - STILL GETTIN' SEXY WITH IT !
- AMY WINEHOUSE OF GLAMOUR ?
- WWII USA - PROPAGANDA POSTER ART
- HAPPY MOTHERS DAY MOMS ! ! !
- T J - SHELLS
- CREO - BRILLIANT SUNSET LIGHT PLAY
- TRA SELHTROW - WATERCOLORS
- MICHELLE DUGGAR BLESSED FOR THE 18TH TIME !
- JAYDE NICOLE - 2008 PLAYMATE OF THE YEAR
- MIENFOKS SPORTS - CHEERLEADERS AND DANCE TEAMS ! !...
- WHEN " F - F - F " IS NOT BIG ENOUGH ???
- EVA MENDEZ - STEVEN MEISEL - ITALIAN VOGUE
- FERGIE - MICHAEL THOMPSON - HARPERS
- NATASHA RICHARDSON -SHOWS SOME LEG ?
- ▼ May (128)