BRETT LOOKS OLD
CHEESE HEADS "LOOK MA NO BRAINS" !
ELI HAS RISEN TO THE LEVEL OF KERRY COLLINS, CAN HE JOIN THE GODS ?
Manning repeatedly put the Giants in position to win the NFC championship Sunday, and when Lawrence Tynes came through at last with a 47-yard field goal in overtime, New York had itself an improbable 23-20 victory over the Green Bay Packers at frostbitten Lambeau Field.
Now comes Mission Impossible: beating the undefeated New England Patriots in two weeks in a Super Bowl matchup hardly anyone saw coming.
"We haven't been given a shot, but we're here and I think we're deserving of it," Manning said. "Right now I'm excited as I can be."
Manning wasn't the only Giant who came through. Tynes had two earlier misses - a 36-yarder at the end of regulation following a bad snap, and a 43-yarder with 6:49 to go - before nailing his long winner 2:35 into OT.
He got a reprieve in overtime after Corey Webster intercepted a struggling Brett Favre - the kind of mistake Manning often has made before his recent turnaround.
"I screwed it up twice," said Tynes, who sprinted straight to the locker room after his decisive kick, leaving his frozen teammates to celebrate outside. "Thank God we got another opportunity."
Eli's arrival comes one year after older brother Peyton won a Super Bowl for the Indianapolis Colts, earning MVP honors to boot. Peyton stayed away Sunday, but father Archie was on hand for the biggest moment of his youngest son's career.
"We knew we could compete with anybody," Manning said. "It's just a matter of getting hot at the right time."
Nobody, not even league MVP Tom Brady, is hotter than Eli.
Just a month ago, Eli's moxie was being questioned as the Giants struggled to clinch a wild-card berth. He responded with the best work of his four-year career, including four touchdown passes in the season finale against the Patriots.
He and the Giants are getting another shot at New England, the first team to go 18-0. The Patriots will be after their fourth Super Bowl title in seven years on Feb. 3, as well as the league's first perfect season since Miami went 17-0 in 1972.
But don't discount New York, which led the Patriots by 12 points in the third quarter before falling 38-35 on Dec. 29.
"Heck, they could win two weeks from now," Favre said. "I wouldn't put it past them."
The Giants (13-6) had a handful of opportunities to put away the Packers (14-4) as Favre struggled with the minus-3 degrees temperatures and wind-chill of minus-24.
Along with Tynes' misses after making two first-half kicks, the Giants fumbled their first interception, allowed a long kickoff return after taking a lead, and had some critical penalties that kept Green Bay closer than it probably deserved to be.
Still, the Giants grabbed their first NFC championship in seven years, capping a monthlong surge that reversed a trend of mediocrity built around Manning's inconsistency. He has been a revelation in the playoffs, however, and his calm leadership keyed New York's turnaround.
EUROPE'S FINEST TOPLESS HONEYS
Eating fresh watermelon could help men pep up their love lives, scientists said yesterday. The fruit has a similar effect to taking Viagra, ...
"Intelligence is the capacity to receive, decode and transmit information efficiently. Stupidity is blockage of this process at any po...
Austria drew first blood early today when their topless women's football team beat Germany 10-5. The traditional swapping of shirts afte...
SHE IS A POTENTIAL F D I L F !!! Meghan McCain is a 23-year-old, socially liberal John Kerry voter who loves Superbad, Dita von Teese, Bud L...
Yes ALL of these women are over 50 years old, sure some of them have had some work, but I mean come on a few are grand mothers (GMILFS)!, a...
ANA PAULA CONNELY JULIANA SILVA LARISSA FRANCA MICHELE MOORE SUZANNE STONEBARGER SEE THEM ALL AT WORLDOFISSAC
A ustralian model Megan Gale has been cast as Wonder Woman and Armie Hammer has been cast as Batman in the upcoming "Justice League of ...
Missed it ? - The Archives !
- ► 2010 (80)
- ► 2009 (319)
- Emanuela De Paula the new Victoria's Secret girl
- NICOLE EGGERT STILL IN CHARGE AT 36
- JULIE NEWMAR "ORIGINAL CATWOMAN" AT 70 !
- CONDOM MAN ON THE BEACH ???
- ALESANDRA AMBROSIO - SEXY SOON TO BE MILF
- LATE NIGHT TALK SHOW WARS "WHO MADE WHO" ?
- TOP TEN THINGS YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR FROM A GUY D...
- PAMPITA - MIRA ! ! !
- LUCY PINDER " WOW "
- THE TREV - SOLAR POWERED VEHICLE ! ! !
- CATHERINE MCNEIL - NUMERO 90 - FEBRUARY
- ...AND YOU THOUGHT IT COULDN'T GET WORSE ?
- COMSETIC SURGERY RECORD HOLDERS ! ! !
- LINGERIE BOWL 2008 - BIG HITS ! ! !
- AVA FIORE - Playboy model - 2002 Golden Gloves cha...
- Kirsten Haglund - MISS AMERICA 2008 !!!
- ISABELLA FONTANA AS AMY WINEHOUSE ???
- BIGFOOT SITED BY MARS ROVER ???
- CHILE - HOME OF THE WORLDS LARGEST POOL
- "FORGET ME NOT" GPS - PANTIES ???
- MIRACLES, AGAINST THE ODDS & COINCIDENCE ?
- FOXNEWS - COOKOO FOR COCO PUFFS ???
- JANICE DICKENSON - ORIGINAL SUPERMODEL AT 52 !
- MORE HOTTIES IN ROTATION !!!
- PARIS FASHON WEEK - RUNWAY SHOTS
- SAO PAULO FASHON WEEK - RUNWAY SHOTS ! ! !
- MARIAH CAREY - HOT AND TOPLESS !!!
- JESUS APPEARS IN A POTATO ???
- EVERYBODY IS EXCITED ABOUT THE GIANTS OF NY
- SARAH MICHELLE GELLAR - LOVES VASELINE ???
- DEMI MOORE POSES FOR "V" MAGAZINE
- ESQUIRE FEBRUARY ISSUE B&W SHOTS
- JERRY O' CONNELL ON CRUISE CONTROL ???
- STEVENSVILLE, TEXAS - WORLDS NEWEST UFO CAPITAL !
- THE PACKER "BIKINI GIRLS" NFC CHAMPIONSHIP
- ALLAN MELVIN "SAM THE BUTCHER" 1922-2008
- WHY ENGLISH NEWSPAPERS ARE BETTER THAN AMERICAN ?
- ESQUIRES FEBURARY ISSUE CELEBRATES WOMAN
- MANNING COOL FAVRE COLD AS GIANTS SUPER
- KEIRA KNIGHTLEY - ESQUIRE MAGAZINE
- THREE DEMENTIONAL TATOOS ! ! !
- "FROZEN WAVES" IN NEW FOUNDLAND ???
- FINALLY - CLAMATO BEER ! ! !
- SUZANNE PLESHETTE 1937 - 2008
- TWO MORE SEXY BRAZILIAN MODELS ! ! !
- KELLY RIPA - FITNESS MAGAZINE SHOOT
- ELLE MACPHERSON - NEW SUNTAN LOTION SHOOT
- Andre de Plessel - SEXY SMOKING PHOTOS
- PAULA ABDUL - BACK ON THE CHARTS
- WAMMO FOUNDER TOSSES FRIZBEE IN HEAVEN
- RANDOM CELEBRITY HOTTIES IN THE NEWS
- ANTIQUE NUERO - SURGERY KIT ???
- EVE MENDEZ - EXPOSED ON FRENCH TELEVISION
- THE DANGERS OF ENORMOUS BREAST IMPLANTS
- DOLPHINS AT PLAY WITH BUBBLES
- MARC EMERY - THE PRINCE OF POT ???
- LINDSAY LOHAN - CLOVERFIELD PREMIER
- TOM CRUISE - TOTAL L.R.H. CONTROL
- BOBBY FISCHER "CHESS LEGEND" 1943 - 2008
- SUMMER GLAU - THE TERMINATRIX ! ! !
- THE ADULT VIDEO AWARDS - WINNERS LIST
- AMERICAN IDOL MELTDOWN - ALEXIS COHEN
- MASSIVE UFO SPOTTED IN STEVENSVILLE TEXAS ?
- GREATEST CELEBRITY INTERVIEWS ! ! !
- AMY - THE MOST ANNOYING CHICK EVER ! ! !
- DIANE KEATON DROPS THE F- BOMB ???
- HAROLD AND KUMAR ARE BACK ! ! !
- CLOVERFIELD MONSTER ATTACKS OIL RIG ?
- BRITNEY SPEARS - LIFE AS A PROMOTIONAL VIDEO ?
- MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATRE IS BACK ! ! !
- PIRELLI'S 2008 CALENDAR - " SHANGHI "
- TAMIRA PASZEK - EMERGING TENNIS STAR !
- VIDA GUERRA - SEXY CUBAN SINGER !
- THE METHOD "HOW TO PICK UP CHICKS"
- KIM KARDASHIAN SHAKING IT WITH REGGIE BUSH
- KOURTNEY KARDASHIAN - KIM 'S LITTLE SISTER
- LOUIS THE OCTOPUS LOVES "MR POTATO HEAD"
- AMERICAN IDOL - LEGEND OF WILLIAM HUNG ! ! !
- BUSH WHIPS OUT SWORD IN BAHRAIN
- MAILA NURMI "VAMPIRA" 1921 - 2008
- JESSICA ALBA - NOW AN OFFICIAL MILF
- MERV GRIFFIN - BEST TOMBSTONE EVER !
- HUSTLER - NANCY BENOIT PHOTOS
- "JUNO" WRITTEN BY STRIPPER DIABLO CODY
- VIVICA A FOX - SEX TAPE ???
- AMY WINEHOUSE - NEW BLONDE HAIR DO !
- MIKE NUTTER - PHILLY'S NEW RAPPIN MAYOR !
- VANESSA HUDGENS -17 MAGAZINE "TIPS FOR TEENS" ?
- MIKE HUCKABEE - FUNNIEST CANDIDATE ???
- ADRIANA LIMA - SEX TAPE ???
- WHY READING IS FUNDEMENTALLY IMPORTANT ?
- FINALLY - LEPOARD PRINT DESIGNER TASERS ! ! !
- DICK ASS MAN IS HERE ! ! !
- JAMIE LYNN SPEARS - PREGNANCY BOOSTS RATINGS ?
- HILLARY CLINTON - SECRETLY CONTROLLED BY ALIENS ?
- BAR REFAELI - ARENA MAGAZINE
- AMAZINGLY WELL TIMED PHOTOGRAPHY ! ! !
- HILLARY CLINTON "IRON MY SHIRT" ???
- HOW BIG IS YOUR SCREEN ???
- HANNAH MONTANA USES BODY DOUBLE ON TOUR ?
- ▼ January (127)