Wednesday, December 17, 2008
WHO'S WHO IN FAKE NEWS ?
In these trying times, satire might be the most rational response to reality. Perhaps that explains why fake news, satiric journalism, news parody—whatever you call it—has proliferated. The modern roots of this industry (yes, it is undeniably an industry now) can be traced back at least to Orson Welles' War of the Worlds news bulletins of 1938. Since then, countless permutations of journalistic fakery have taken root, from incisive, trenchant fabrications by The Onion ("U.S. vows to defeat whoever it is we're at war with") to slapstick gags like Obama Girl ("Don't Cry for Me, Alaska: The Sarah Palin Story"). Some satirists aspire to a form of transcendent truth-telling. (Thank you, Jon Stewart.) Others are just in it for the yucks. Which fake news—past or present—best fits your tastes? This matrix chart reports, you decide.
EUROPE'S FINEST TOPLESS HONEYS
3PLT: Saturday Morning Alive Show #1 - All Rights Reserved 2010 - The Niles Lesh Project Follow NILES LESH / MIENFOKS on TWITTER !
SHE IS A POTENTIAL F D I L F !!! Meghan McCain is a 23-year-old, socially liberal John Kerry voter who loves Superbad, Dita von Teese, Bud L...
Business must be slow for porn star Amy Reid these days. Reid is advertising her “services” on an escort service website. Now you too can pi...
Chloe Marshall has recently won the Miss Surrey 2008 beauty pageant. She will now advance to the Miss England contest, which is open to fema...
Princess Eugenie of York, 18, daughter of Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York and Prince Andrew Wales, Duke of York, took part in a naked celebr...
Ava Fiore is a Playboy model and 2002 Golden Gloves champion boxer. She was arrested on Wednesday night on I 80 east in Kimball, Nebraska. P...
Missed it ? - The Archives !
- ► 2010 (80)
- ► 2009 (319)
- Best Magazine Covers of 2008
- AMANI THE BABY AARDVARK
- ANN SAVAGE - Femme Fatale - 1921 - 2008
- Best Photo Journalism of 2008 (Part 3)
- Best Photo Journalism of 2008 (Part 2)
- Best Photo Journalism of 2008
- Mienfoks - Christmas Refresher #8
- Merry Christmas 2008
- NYC - Santa Festival
- Korean Santa Penguins
- So This Is Christmas ?
- Christmas Gift Helpful Hints - Last Chance !
- Mienfoks - Christmas Refresher #7
- Finally - An Artificial Hymen !
- INTERNET GOLD SERIES - # 13
- SCARLETT JOHANSSON - Snot Rag Auction ???
- ADRIANA LIMA - Secret Bras
- DOUTZEN KROES - Victoria's Secret Hottie
- Christmas Gift Helpful Hints # 3
- SOCK IT TO THE HOLIDAYS !
- HILLARY DUFF - Maxim Magazine
- LOUIS CK - Kids & Old People
- WHO'S WHO IN FAKE NEWS ?
- GUY RITCHIE - $ 76 Million Plus Settlement !
- CARMEN ELECTRA - What 's The Deal ???
- Mienfoks Christmas Refresher # 5
- More Christmas Pets
- BUSH GETS SHOED IN IRAQ ?
- KESENIA SUKHINOVA - Miss World 2008
- JENNIFER ANISTON - Nude in GQ !
- BETTY PAGE - Legendary Pin Up Girl 1923 - 2008
- Painfully Cute Christmas Dogs
- EMMA WATSON - Style Magazine
- Mienfoks - Christmas Refresher #4
- JESSICA BIEL - British GQ
- Amazing Santa Claus Photos !
- Christmas Gift Helpful Hints # 2
- Bodacious Baldies ?
- Amazing Folded Money Heads !
- United Homeless Organization - Not so Homeless ?
- Mienfoks Christmas Refresher #3 - The Ref
- INTERNET GOLD SERIES - #17
- Toby & Sheila - Duck Adopts Puppy ?
- Awesome Animal Photos !
- ABIGAIL CLANCY - German FHM Magazine
- The Anti - BINGE DRINKING - Ad Campaign
- A Day in the Life of Plaxico Burress ?
- Tatooed For You Girl !
- Sony Unveils BRAVIA - Drome Zoetrope !
- New Oslo Opera House & Skate Park ???
- JESSICA ALBA - 2009 Campari Calender !
- Christmas Gift Helpful Hints - Guns !
- SEAN AVERY "Sloppy Seconds" ???
- EMPIRE STATE BUILDING - Stolen ???
- MARK ROTH - Mad Scientist Reanimates Life ?
- BEYONCE KNOWLES - German GQ
- The Ultimate Chair - Herman Miller's EMBODY !
- Crazy Gideon ?
- PLAXICO BURRESS - Joins the Gun Club !
- Hot Chicks & Robots !
- Mienfoks Christmas Refresher #2 - Scrooged
- ▼ December (61)