The Mad Scientist Bringing Back the Dead... Really.
Bubbling cauldrons, toxic substances, insane and dangerous ideas -- whatever happened to that kind of science? Take a look at Mark Roth in his lab in Seattle. It's mad. It's heroic. It's science the way it's supposed to be.
There are things you should know about, just because they're weird. Did you know that people with diabetes exhale rocket fuel? It's true, but it's weird, right? And spontaneous combustion. That's true, too, apparently, albeit in a bigfoot sort of way. People just explode. Mark Roth keeps a file on them, because, well, for one thing, he's interested in the genetics of spontaneous combustion, and, for another, he's interested in what keeps people from exploding, like, all the time. I mean, why shouldn't they? People never ask that. But then, they never ask a lot of things. Human beings are 37 degrees Celsius. That's pretty much the standard. But why? Nobody ever tells you. You can read a thousand books on bioenergetics and they won't even ask the question. So it's unexplained, and that's when you can learn things. You can learn things when things are unexplained--when the sword is still in the stone. Take movement, for example. We humans are absolutely programmed to be interested in movement. In fact, if you're a biologist, you're really a movementologist; you study that which moves. You're a slave to the animate. Which, of course, is how Mark Roth got the idea that deanimation really might be the better scene, and found himself in Ripley's Believe It or Not!
READ THE ENTIRE ARTICLE AT ESQUIRE
EUROPE'S FINEST TOPLESS HONEYS
Italy's anti-anorexia ads have divided France's powerful fashion industry -- with the high end couture federation deeming them &quo...
WTF? - THIS NEVER HAPPENS ON THE P.A.T.H. TRAIN !!! BONUS HOTTIES PLAYING TOPLESS Wii LINK
Ava Fiore is a Playboy model and 2002 Golden Gloves champion boxer. She was arrested on Wednesday night on I 80 east in Kimball, Nebraska. P...
Wow Paulina still very perky at 44 ! Read about Paulas interesting childhood escaping the iron curtain THE NILES LESH PROJECT - ALL...
"Intelligence is the capacity to receive, decode and transmit information efficiently. Stupidity is blockage of this process at any po...
Eating fresh watermelon could help men pep up their love lives, scientists said yesterday. The fruit has a similar effect to taking Viagra, ...
Missed it ? - The Archives !
- ► 2010 (80)
- ► 2009 (319)
- Best Magazine Covers of 2008
- AMANI THE BABY AARDVARK
- ANN SAVAGE - Femme Fatale - 1921 - 2008
- Best Photo Journalism of 2008 (Part 3)
- Best Photo Journalism of 2008 (Part 2)
- Best Photo Journalism of 2008
- Mienfoks - Christmas Refresher #8
- Merry Christmas 2008
- NYC - Santa Festival
- Korean Santa Penguins
- So This Is Christmas ?
- Christmas Gift Helpful Hints - Last Chance !
- Mienfoks - Christmas Refresher #7
- Finally - An Artificial Hymen !
- INTERNET GOLD SERIES - # 13
- SCARLETT JOHANSSON - Snot Rag Auction ???
- ADRIANA LIMA - Secret Bras
- DOUTZEN KROES - Victoria's Secret Hottie
- Christmas Gift Helpful Hints # 3
- SOCK IT TO THE HOLIDAYS !
- HILLARY DUFF - Maxim Magazine
- LOUIS CK - Kids & Old People
- WHO'S WHO IN FAKE NEWS ?
- GUY RITCHIE - $ 76 Million Plus Settlement !
- CARMEN ELECTRA - What 's The Deal ???
- Mienfoks Christmas Refresher # 5
- More Christmas Pets
- BUSH GETS SHOED IN IRAQ ?
- KESENIA SUKHINOVA - Miss World 2008
- JENNIFER ANISTON - Nude in GQ !
- BETTY PAGE - Legendary Pin Up Girl 1923 - 2008
- Painfully Cute Christmas Dogs
- EMMA WATSON - Style Magazine
- Mienfoks - Christmas Refresher #4
- JESSICA BIEL - British GQ
- Amazing Santa Claus Photos !
- Christmas Gift Helpful Hints # 2
- Bodacious Baldies ?
- Amazing Folded Money Heads !
- United Homeless Organization - Not so Homeless ?
- Mienfoks Christmas Refresher #3 - The Ref
- INTERNET GOLD SERIES - #17
- Toby & Sheila - Duck Adopts Puppy ?
- Awesome Animal Photos !
- ABIGAIL CLANCY - German FHM Magazine
- The Anti - BINGE DRINKING - Ad Campaign
- A Day in the Life of Plaxico Burress ?
- Tatooed For You Girl !
- Sony Unveils BRAVIA - Drome Zoetrope !
- New Oslo Opera House & Skate Park ???
- JESSICA ALBA - 2009 Campari Calender !
- Christmas Gift Helpful Hints - Guns !
- SEAN AVERY "Sloppy Seconds" ???
- EMPIRE STATE BUILDING - Stolen ???
- MARK ROTH - Mad Scientist Reanimates Life ?
- BEYONCE KNOWLES - German GQ
- The Ultimate Chair - Herman Miller's EMBODY !
- Crazy Gideon ?
- PLAXICO BURRESS - Joins the Gun Club !
- Hot Chicks & Robots !
- Mienfoks Christmas Refresher #2 - Scrooged
- ▼ December (61)