Friday, September 12, 2008
If you live in Miami, consider yourself among the most attractive people in the United States.
The Sunshine State's metropolis has the most beautiful people, according to an online survey of "America's Favorite Cities" by Travel + Leisure magazine, while Philadelphia came in last at No. 25.
"I'm not surprised at all, but I'm not in that group" joked Bill Talbert, president of the Greater Miami Convention and Visitors Bureau, about the city's attractive people rating.
"When you're here, you kind of take it for granted. Then you travel, and when you come back you say, 'Oh my, look what we have here,"' he added.
Although Philadelphia placed last for the second consecutive year, a tourism official said the city was happy to be in the top 25.
The online survey of 125,000 people ranked 25 U.S. cities in 45 categories ranging from most affordable to friendliest people.
Las Vegas and New Orleans took the top spots as best city for a wild weekend, and Washington, D.C., was voted tops for historical sites/monuments. But Los Angeles residents may have a problem with being ranked last in the friendliest people and most intelligent people categories.
If you want friendly, you can't do any better than Charleston, South Carolina, and if you're looking for the smartest locals, head to Seattle, Washington, according to the survey.
New York received the most No.1 ratings, getting top marks for shopping, arts, diverse residents and skyline. But the Big Apple limped in last for peace and quiet and affordability.
The poll showed San Antonio, Texas, takes the smallest bite out of your budget and is the most affordable city, while peace and quiet is easiest found in Santa Fe, New Mexico, which also came in last in all nightlife categories.
Portland, Oregon, Minneapolis/St. Paul and Austin, Texas, took the gold, silver and bronze in the cleanest city competition, while New Orleans had the most work to do in keeping things tidy.
"We were really excited to see how some of the smaller cities took center stage," said Travel + Leisure editor Stirling Kelso.
"Portland again did very well, ranking high in environmental awareness, outdoor life and public transportation."
Kelso said the accessibility of a city, largely through its good public transportation services, will often result in higher survey rankings.
"New York and Washington are very accessible and did well. We were surprised with Los Angeles' low rankings, but perhaps that's because it's not a really accessible city," she added.
Honolulu topped the field in best for a romantic escape and best weather. Theme-park rich Orlando in Florida was voted best for a family vacation while Las Vegas came in last in the category.
EUROPE'S FINEST TOPLESS HONEYS
Eating fresh watermelon could help men pep up their love lives, scientists said yesterday. The fruit has a similar effect to taking Viagra, ...
"Intelligence is the capacity to receive, decode and transmit information efficiently. Stupidity is blockage of this process at any po...
OSBORN COX? - NOW THAT IS A GREAT NAME !!!
SADLY ITS ON IN THE UK ONLY U ndressing the nation: The style gurus strip down to their bras ITV has been bombarded with complaints after a...
Business must be slow for porn star Amy Reid these days. Reid is advertising her “services” on an escort service website. Now you too can pi...
Ava Fiore is a Playboy model and 2002 Golden Gloves champion boxer. She was arrested on Wednesday night on I 80 east in Kimball, Nebraska. P...
Yes ALL of these women are over 50 years old, sure some of them have had some work, but I mean come on a few are grand mothers (GMILFS)!, a...
Hey ! Its Been Awhile Right ? So since the last post a lot has happened mostly this... - All Rights Reserved 2010 - The Niles Les...
Larry Flynt, the wheelchair bound self-proclaimed "smut peddler" and "1st Amendment Crusader" has published photos of Na...
Missed it ? - The Archives !
- ► 2010 (80)
- ► 2009 (319)
- DANIELLE BUX - Lingerie Launch Party
- SARAH PALIN - MISS ALASKA 84 - Swimsuit Competitio...
- DOUTZEN KROES - Bikini Candids
- DIESEL - The Best SFW Commercial Ever !
- DAVID BLAINE is Lame !
- PAUL NEWMAN - LEGEND - 1925 - 2008
- LONDON - Photographed at Night
- HURRICANES Photographed from Space !
- Mienfoks - INTERNET GOLD SERIES - #2
- DIORA BAIRD - MAXIM - October 2008
- AMANDA HEARD - Topless - FHM Magazine
- CHRISTINA AGUILERA - CITIZEN K Magazine
- PILAR MONTENEGRO - Maxim Espanol - October 2008
- MARISSA MILLER - Malibu Magazine
- KIM KARDASHIAN - ASS CHECK
- BRITNEY SPEARS - RETROSPECTIVE
- WELCOME TO OKTOBERFEST ! ! !
- I KISSED A DOG ( and I liked it) !
- MEGAN FOX - Eagle Eye Premier
- FINALLY - KITTY TOUPEES !
- KATHERINE MCPHEE - Sexy Red Dress !
- LAETITIA CASTA - NUDE - FRENCH ELLE
- 60TH ANNUAL EMMY AWARDS RED CARPET
- Mienfoks - INTERNET GOLD SERIES - #1
- YANKEE STADIUM - Thanks for the Memories !
- Glamour Girls - No Make Up - No Problem
- RUBBER DUCKIES Invade the Thames River ?
- JUSTENE JARO - Legends of My Space Series !
- MILA KUNIS - Candidly Sexy !
- SEPTEMBER 19TH,1982 - Birth of the Emoticon !
- DANIELLE LLOYD - Nude - Zoo Magazine
- HOLLY MADISON - BODY PAINT !
- METALLICA'S JAMES HETFIELD - Shopping Chic ?
- SOPHIE MONK - BIKINI CANDIDS
- ELLE MACPHERSON - GQ Man of Year Awards
- MEGAN FOX - GQ - OCTOBER 2008
- CNN - The Amorous Stockbrokers ?
- Japanese Tv - The Amorous Pig ?
- MIENFOKS EXCLUSIVE - EAST COAST EROTICA SHOW !
- CHUCKY - Celebrates his 20th Birthday in NYC !
- ADRIANA LIMA- Ugly Betty Shoot
- Finally - SARAH PALIN PANTIES !
- DAVID FOSTER WALLACE 1962 - 2008
- Mienfoks Leftovers - August 2008
- OCTAPODI - 8 Arms of Love !
- Sofia - The Worlds Smartest Beagle - Escapes !
- London Tries to Bite New York's Style ?
- KATIE DOWNES - LONDON - LINGERIE
- FINALLY - Superman vs Spiderman !
- MEREDETH SALENGER - Still Hot !
- ABIGAIL CLANCY - FHM Magazine
- The Good, the Bad & the Ugly Cities
- The T- Shirt of Terror ???
- Lower Manahttan 2001- 2008
- Finally - An Underwater Fashion Show !
- MICHELLE HUNZIKER - BIKINI BEACH FUN !
- FUPA - The Music Video ?
- Tom Brady's Rehab Begins !
- How TOM BRADY's Injury cost Fantasy Footballers $1...
- Green Polar Bears ???
- Holographic Monster in Tokyo Bay ???
- LINDSAY LOHAN - New york Fashion week
- ESQUIRE MAGAZINE OCTOBER 2008 - E INK ???
- 2008 Political Coventions in Photos !
- Sundays Random Web Photos !
- CHRISTINA RICCI - Bikini Candids
- JODIE MARSH - "Daylight Robbery" Premier
- CONAN OBRIEN - SARAH PALIN JOKES !
- EVA LONGORIA - The Lost Bikini Shoot !
- CHRISTINA AGUILERA - NUDE - LA CHAPELLE
- Warehouse worker destroys LeBron James at H-O-R-S-...
- GISELE BUNDCHEN - ARENA MAGAZINE
- ELTON JOHN Challenges LILY ALLEN'S Snorting Abilit...
- ULTRASONIC VIRTUAL CONTROL DEVICE ?
- Mienfoks Back to School Special ! ! !
- VOGUE INDIA'S CONTROVERSIAL SHOOT ?
- LYNX - Spray More Get More !
- LA TOMATINA FESTIVAL !
- WORST PAYING JOBS IN AMERICA ?
- CHARLIZE THERON - Surfer Girl !
- A - ROD The Worst Clutch Hitter of All Time ???
- ▼ September (81)