My photo
You can pretend to be serious; But you can't pretend to be funny.

3PLT: Saturday Morning Alive Show

3PLT: Saturday Morning Alive Show
Watch Now

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

SIMON COWELL DRIVES A VOLKSWAGON ?

OK, ITS A BUGATTI VEYRON, BUT ITS STILL A VOLKSWAGON

X Factor boss Simon Cowell is certainly not shy about splashing the cash, as the music mogul was seen zipping around Los Angeles in a $1million (£600,000) runaround.

Simon was seen tooling around town in his Bugatti Veyron, the world's most expensive and fastest street-legal car.

THE BUGATTI VEYRON ON TOP GEAR !




Million dollar ride: Simon Cowell took to the mean streets of Los Angeles in his $1.2million Bugatti Veyron supercar yesterday
Enlarge the image

With an excess of 1000 horsepower, the Veyron - built by Volkswagen - has top speed of 253.81 mph (408.47 km/h).

But clearly, poseur Simon will be content to maintain cruising speeds on LA's wide boulevards.

Cowell bought the car in Los Angeles last October, in a huge car-buying splurge that month which saw him scoop up a Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe back in the UK. A snip in comparison to the Bugatti at just £300,000.

Scroll down for more...

Chuffed: Simon appeared to be more than happy with the latest addition to his fleet of luxury cars which includes a Ferrari and a Rolls Royce Phantom

Cowell's love of speed is well known, having blitzed the BBC's Top Gear track in 1:47.1 last year - the eighth fastest time overall for the 'Star in a Reasonably Priced Car' segment and the third fastest non-professional driver in series eight.

The reality TV multi-millionaire who is reported to be worth over £100million already owns a fleet of luxury cars, including a Ferrari and a Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe.

In an interview with Top Gear he waxed lyricial about his Rolls Royce: "It's the most beautiful, most comfortable, best-engineered car ever built. I can hardly bring myself to say it but it's - oh, sod it! - perfect.

"When I drove the car I felt so good, I knew I had to have one. So, I spent £300,000 on one for my house here in LA.

"I'm going to pick up another when I get back to London and I am already on the waiting list for the 100EX cabriolet."

No comments:

Popular Posts

Missed it ? - The Archives !