Friday, February 13, 2009
OBAMA - Drops Macbeth Bomb !!!
It's a word so fraught with superstition, its very mention can send grown men ducking for cover — and President Obama used it Wednesday night.
President Barack Obama broke a taboo during a visit Wednesday to Ford's Theater in Washington. Honoring Abraham Lincoln on the eve of the 200th anniversary of his birth, Obama remarked on the 16th president's ability to recall passages of Shakespeare's 'Macbeth.' It's considered bad luck to say "Macbeth" in a theater outside a performance.
On a trip to Ford’s Theater, site of President Lincoln's assassination, Obama paid tribute to the 16th president's ability to recall passages of Shakespeare's "Hamlet" and "Macbeth."
And with that reference, he unwittingly ventured into what many theater hands believe to be dangerous territory: any mention of the name of the doomed Scottish king in a theater outside of a performance is considered verboten by many actors, who believe it will result in a cursed production — including a greater possibility of injury, bankruptcy, even death.
So does Obama have anything to fear from uttering the unluckiest word in what may be the unluckiest theater in American history?
Theater-goers can relax: Many stage aficionados believe that the prohibition only applies to performers or theater hands, and non-actors have nothing to worry about.
But in the near future, the president might want to stick to movies. Just to be on the safe side.
EUROPE'S FINEST TOPLESS HONEYS
3PLT: Saturday Morning Alive Show #1 - All Rights Reserved 2010 - The Niles Lesh Project Follow NILES LESH / MIENFOKS on TWITTER !
Italy's anti-anorexia ads have divided France's powerful fashion industry -- with the high end couture federation deeming them &quo...
SHE IS A POTENTIAL F D I L F !!! Meghan McCain is a 23-year-old, socially liberal John Kerry voter who loves Superbad, Dita von Teese, Bud L...
Ava Fiore is a Playboy model and 2002 Golden Gloves champion boxer. She was arrested on Wednesday night on I 80 east in Kimball, Nebraska. P...
SADLY ITS ON IN THE UK ONLY U ndressing the nation: The style gurus strip down to their bras ITV has been bombarded with complaints after a...
"Intelligence is the capacity to receive, decode and transmit information efficiently. Stupidity is blockage of this process at any po...
Missed it ? - The Archives !
- ► 2010 (80)
- MEGAN FOX - Street Cleavage !
- THE CREVASSE - Amazing 3-D street art !
- CHARLIZE THERON - Peggy Sirota Shoot
- The Legend Of MIckey Rourke !
- ELIZA DUSHKU - Maxim Magazine - March 2009
- MEL GIBSON is The Colonel
- DOUTZEN KROES - Disrobes for VMAN Magazine !
- Obama Says You Can Stop Worring About The Ecomomy ...
- 2009 CARNIVAL INTERNATIONAL !
- Top 2009 OSCAR Moments captured with my cell phone...
- KARDASHIANS - Add Monkey Power to Show !
- VICTORIA BECKHAM - Russian Vogue 2009
- CAMILLA BELLE - GQ Magazine March 2009
- LUCY CLARKSON is The New Lara Croft !
- STACY DASH - Gets Wet For SMOOTH Magazine
- AUBREY O'DAY - Playboy March 2009
- More Fake Posters !
- Wednesday's Leftovers
- SCARLETT JOHANSSON Pimps Dolce Gabbana
- The Office - Humping Hairballs ?
- The LIL' VIEW is awesome !
- MIRANDA KERR - David Jones Fall 2009 Collection
- BAR REFAELI - Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Shoot
- The Heart's Truth Red Dress Collection 2009
- St Valentine's Day Leftovers
- FARRAH FAWCETT - Back on My Wall (Blog) !
- OBAMA - Drops Macbeth Bomb !!!
- Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Hotties 2009
- JOAQUIN PHEONIX - Amazing Letterman Interview !
- HEDI KLUM - German GQ - Nude Again !
- SALMA HAYEK - Has Got Milk !
- SONY - Releases New Time Vampire !
- STUMP No Chump Sussex Spaniel is Westminster Cham...
- BAR REFAELI - Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Cover Gi...
- This Is Why You Are Fat !
- Battle of the February 2009 Cover girls !
- Stupid Gameshow Answers !
- JAMES WHITMORE 1921 - 2009
- MICKEY ROURKE - France Salutes you !
- La Princesse - Giant Mechanical Spider !
- BARACK OBAMA - Complicated Shit ?
- The Party Store ?
- ETTA JAMES is gonna whup BEYONCE'S Ass ?
- Reality TV - What About The Skanks ?
- EDDIE VAN HALEN - Reinvents the Guitar !
- BILL GATES - Releases Plague Upon the Earth ?
- INTERNET GOLD SERIES - # 33
- Akim Camara - Amazing 3- year old Violinist !
- Pigeon Smuggler ?
- PUNXSUTAWNEY Phil - Sees his shadow
- PLAYBOY'S - Annual Superbowl Party
- CHRISTIAN BALE - Terminator Tirade !
- Big Winners of Superbowl XLIII
- MICHAEL PHELPS - Bongwater Freestyle ?
- Awesome Vintage Underwater Photography
- ▼ February (55)
- ► 2008 (1240)