Thursday, January 8, 2009
Watch Late Fragment straight through and you won't really understand why a young woman kills her doting father. Take control of the film, unlocking hidden footage and shuffling scenes around, and you learn that Dad may dote a little too much. Because the truth is, our perception of stories and characters shifts as we learn more about them. On this filmfest-and-DVD-only feature from a trio of Canadians, you delve deeper by using your remote: Click at the beginning of a scene and you'll be taken somewhere totally different than if you do so at the end. Any given viewing might weave 90 or so of the 139 available scenes into a Pulp Fiction-like circular story arc.
Inspired by videogames and multi- and nonlinear films like The Usual Suspects and Memento, the auteurs linked the scenes together with an interactive video system used by the likes of Daft Punk and Radiohead. "Audiences are getting used to participating in their entertainment experience," says Ana Serrano, one of Fragment's producers. "And we wanted that participation to be on two levels: physical, by clicking the remote, and also cognitive, where audiences are trying to figure out what's happening in front of them."
Next, Serrano teams up with Fragment codirector Anita Doron to make an interactive musical, which will use Blu-ray technology to let viewers save specific scene paths. "There are users who become obsessed with their cut of the film, and they won't stray from it," she says. Sounds like every director in Hollywood.
How it works
In Late Fragment, group therapy scenes function as a visual menu. Click when Theo is in the frame to find out why he cuts himself, or click when you see Faye to learn who she's visiting in jail. Why is Kevin waiting so calmly for the police? Click your remote to learn more.
The LATE FRAGMENT homepage
EUROPE'S FINEST TOPLESS HONEYS
Eating fresh watermelon could help men pep up their love lives, scientists said yesterday. The fruit has a similar effect to taking Viagra, ...
"Intelligence is the capacity to receive, decode and transmit information efficiently. Stupidity is blockage of this process at any po...
Austria drew first blood early today when their topless women's football team beat Germany 10-5. The traditional swapping of shirts afte...
Yes ALL of these women are over 50 years old, sure some of them have had some work, but I mean come on a few are grand mothers (GMILFS)!, a...
SHE IS A POTENTIAL F D I L F !!! Meghan McCain is a 23-year-old, socially liberal John Kerry voter who loves Superbad, Dita von Teese, Bud L...
A ustralian model Megan Gale has been cast as Wonder Woman and Armie Hammer has been cast as Batman in the upcoming "Justice League of ...
OSBORN COX? - NOW THAT IS A GREAT NAME !!!
Missed it ? - The Archives !
- ► 2010 (80)
- CHEECH & CHONG - Still Smoking !
- FRITZ WILLIS - Pinups
- PETA'S - Dirty Vegetable Commercial
- Finally - Nice and Noticeable Japanese Nipples !
- BILLY POWELL - Lynyrd Skynyrd Keyboardist (1953-20...
- MICKEY ROURKE - Calls Out Chris Jericho ?
- THE JESSICA ALBA - BILL O'REILLY - TMZ WARS
- Happy Chinese New Year of the OX !
- The Ultimate Lonely Guy's Ipod Speaker System
- JAPANESE TV - Dalmation Riding a Bicycle !
- OBAMA - Leftovers
- Thanks, I - PHONE ?
- GORDON BROWN - Saves The World ?
- MISS AMERICA 2009 - Contestants !
- DIANE SAWYER - Drunk on the Job ???
- Obama's Change is a Lot Like Bush's Change ?
- The Inauguration Around The World
- Signs Of The Economy ?
- Who Has Got The President's Back ?
- It Begins With The Chief Justice Screwing Up The P...
- Preparation For The Chosen One ?
- The 56th Presidential Inauguration - LEGO Style
- PUMP SPORTS CLUB FITNESS - New Webisode !
- CHRISTIE BRINKLEY'S Got Milk Again !
- Andrew Wyeth 1917-2009
- SCARLETT JOHANSSON - Harper's Bazaar
- Zimbabwean's to print 100 Trillion Dollar Bank No...
- Survivor: Tocantins - The Brazilian Highlands - Th...
- American Idol 2009 - Update
- RICARDO MONTALBAN - 1920 - 2009
- JENNY McCARTHY - Suavenomics ?
- NATALIE DYLAN - Virgin For Sale ?
- MINKA KELLY - Golden Globes After Party
- Stuttering John - Loses Giants / Eagles Bet - Shav...
- Talking Dogs ?
- TINA FEY - Tells The Internet To Suck it !
- ALEXANDRA KOSTENIUK - World's Hottest Chess Champi...
- EAGLES Bitch Slap GIANTS out of the Playoffs !
- ANATOMIE ?
- APPLE Has Done It Again !
- AMANDA BYNES - People's Choice Awards
- Speed Camera Pimping ?
- OLIVIA MUNN - Self Posted Bikini Shots !
- Best Photos of 2009 - He is Legend !
- ATHEISTS - Now Advertizing ...Probably ?
- LATE FRAGMENT - Fully Interactive Movie ?
- VERNE TROYER - Living Larger Than Life !
- What Happened to The Michael Vick Dogs ?
- Best Commute Ever !
- Statue Smut ?
- No More Bush !
- HOW TO SAVE THE AIRLINES ?
- Finally - Bacon Gumballs !
- Flying Wingsuit Base Jumpers !
- George W Bush - How'd He Do ?
- Charles Barkley - Trades BJ for DUI ?
- HUNTER S THOMPSON - Inspirational Posters
- KATHY GRIFFIN - Greatest Heckler Comeback
- George W Bush - Funniest President Ever !
- ▼ January (59)
- ► 2008 (1240)