Friday, September 14, 2007
BELICHICK SAID HE MISINTERPRETED THE RULES?,,,WHAT PART OF STEALING THE OTHER TEAMS PLAYS USING A VIDEO CAMERA IS CHEATING, DIDN'T HE UNDERSTAND ???
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) - Bill Belichick is ready for his close-up. The Patriots' coach escaped suspension for using a video camera to spy on opposing coaches, with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell deciding instead on Thursday night to fine him $500,000 and dock the team $250,000 and a first-day draft pick next year.
It was the biggest fine ever for a coach and the first time in NFL history a first-round draft pick has been confiscated as a penalty. But Belichick will be on the sideline on Sunday night, as planned, when the Patriots play the San Diego Chargers.
"I specifically considered whether to impose a suspension on Coach Belichick," Goodell wrote in a letter to the team. "I have determined not to do so, largely because I believe that the discipline I am imposing of a maximum fine and forfeiture of a first-round draft choice, or multiple draft choices, is in fact more significant and long-lasting, and therefore more effective, than a suspension."
Goodell found the Patriots guilty of using videotape to try to steal the New York Jets' signals during Sunday's game. He ordered New England to surrender next year's first-round draft choice if it reaches the playoffs, and second- and third-round picks if it doesn't.
Both the NFL and Belichick stressed that the camera was seized before the end of the first quarter and had no impact on the game, which the Patriots won 38-14.
"This episode represents a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid longstanding rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field," Goodell wrote.
The NFL statement said Goodell believed owner Robert Kraft was unaware of Belichick's actions. But the commissioner penalized the club because of Belichick's "substantial control over all aspects of New England's football operations."
"His actions and decisions are properly attributed to the club," Goodell said.
Reached at his home, Kraft declined to comment.
In a statement issued two hours after the punishment was announced, Belichick said he misinterpreted the league's rules but acknowledged that "part of my job as head coach is to ensure that our football operations are conducted in compliance of the league rules and all accepted interpretations of them."
"I accept full responsibility for the actions that led to tonight's ruling," the statement said. "Once again, I apologize to the Kraft family and every person directly or indirectly associated with the New England Patriots for the embarrassment, distraction and penalty my mistake caused. I also apologize to Patriots fans and would like to thank them for their support during the past few days and throughout my career."
The Jets said they "support the commissioner and his findings."
New England has been accused of illegal videotaping before, but the team was caught on Sunday when a camera was confiscated from Patriots video assistant Matt Estrella while he was on the Jets' sideline during the game at Giants Stadium.
NFL rules state, in part: "no video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game." That was re-emphasized in a memo sent Sept. 6 to NFL head coaches and general managers in which the league said: "Videotaping of any type, including but not limited to taping of an opponent's offensive or defensive signals, is prohibited on the sidelines, in the coaches' booth, in the locker room, or at any other locations accessible to club staff members during the game."
Belichick is the first head coach to land on Goodell's crowded docket, but the commissioner has made good conduct the hallmark of his administration.
He banned Tennessee cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones for the entire season after repeated run-ins with police. Atlanta quarterback Michael Vick was suspended indefinitely while he faces a likely jail term for his role in a dogfighting ring.
Goodell also told the Patriots that the NFL would closely review and monitor their coaching video program, effective immediately.
SO DOES THIS MEAN THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES GET THE PATRIOTS SUPERBOWL TROPHY ?
But some of New England's past opponents wanted the penalty to be more harsh.
"I think they should forfeit, man," said Reno Mahe, whose Philadelphia Eagles lost the 2005 Super Bowl to the Patriots. "We won the Super Bowl. I think we should get it. I'm going to go trade my NFC championship ring for a Super Bowl ring."
EUROPE'S FINEST TOPLESS HONEYS
Eating fresh watermelon could help men pep up their love lives, scientists said yesterday. The fruit has a similar effect to taking Viagra, ...
"Intelligence is the capacity to receive, decode and transmit information efficiently. Stupidity is blockage of this process at any po...
Austria drew first blood early today when their topless women's football team beat Germany 10-5. The traditional swapping of shirts afte...
Yes ALL of these women are over 50 years old, sure some of them have had some work, but I mean come on a few are grand mothers (GMILFS)!, a...
SHE IS A POTENTIAL F D I L F !!! Meghan McCain is a 23-year-old, socially liberal John Kerry voter who loves Superbad, Dita von Teese, Bud L...
A ustralian model Megan Gale has been cast as Wonder Woman and Armie Hammer has been cast as Batman in the upcoming "Justice League of ...
OSBORN COX? - NOW THAT IS A GREAT NAME !!!
Missed it ? - The Archives !
- ► 2010 (80)
- ► 2009 (319)
- ► 2008 (1240)
- PHILLIES - NATIONAL LEAGUE EAST CHAMPS ! ! !
- SCARLETT JOHANNSON "GLAMOUR GIRL"
- JENNIFER IS SUCH A POPULAR NAME
- WINONA RIDER - NEW MORE MATURE LOOK ?
- HOT ISRAEL - SEXIEST ARMY IN THE WORLD !
- HILARIOUS CELL PHONE MISHAP ! ! !
- OPRAH STILL THE RICHEST CELEBRITY
- ORPHANED HEDGEHOGS ADOPT BRUSH MOTHER
- MILLA JOVOVICH - 193LBS & PREGNANT !
- WHAT'S IN A TWINKIE ???
- RESCUE OF BABY BLACK BEAR FROM BRIDGE
- TOSCANI'S NUDE ANOREXIA BILLBOARD
- J - LO'S BACK IN ARENA MAGAZINE ! ! !
- AUSSIES SET WORLD RECORD BIKINI POSE
- THE ALL BEER DIET ???
- HOW DOES A BANK MAKE MONEY ???
- BRITNEY SPEARS - NEW DO ?
- ULITIMATE CELEBRITY JEOPARDY CHALLENGE
- EDDIE MURPHY -JAMES BROWN'S CELBRITY HOT TUB PARTY...
- BRAIN GAMES - THE BRAIN CONTROLS THE EYES
- PARIS HILTON - FRENCH CALL GIRL LOOK
- CAN YOU PASS THE " F " TEST ???
- WHAT DOES THE FIRST AMENDMENT SAY AGAIN ?
- CHASERS WAR - DO US MUSLIMS NEED ID ?
- SPANISH LESSONS IN LOVE ?
- BEST LIVE ON - AIR "CHUNK" BLOW EVER ! ! !
- OJ SIMPSON'S BIGGEST FAN ???
- FAMILY GUY - RUSH LIMBAUGH OF THE FUTURE
- SEX & THE CITY - THE GOOD "OLD" DAYS ???
- MARCIA & JAN NOT SO GAY AFTER ALL ???
- WHY A BASEBALL GAME IS "THE PERFECT DATE" !
- KIM KARDASHIAN - 12 PAGE PLAYBOY SPREAD !
- ALICIA SILVERSTONES BANNED NUDIE PETA AD
- OSCAR DE LA HOYA - CALL ME GOLDIE ???
- FRED AND BARNEY GET SMOKED UP ???
- BOSTON AIRPORT - NO TASTE FOR ART ???
- JESUS COMES BACK TO PARTY ???
- MARCIA, MARCIA, MARCIA. . . FASTER, FASTER, FASTER...
- COME FLY WITH ME ! ! !
- WHAT DOES THIS ALL MEAN ???
- PAPARAZZI - A BREAKOUT OF CELEBRITY CONNECTION !
- VIDA GUERRA - SEXY BIKINI MODEL
- THUG LIFE ON DA STREETS ???
- JAPANESE TV - OPENING A BEER WITH A HELICOPTER ?
- THE TRAIN TRACK MARKET PLACE ???
- THE VIEW - "IS THE WORLD FLAT" ?
- CRAZED COW CORRALLED BY NYPD ! ! !
- VANESSA HUDGENS - PERSONAL PHOTOS
- POLISH POLITICAL PARTY POSES NUDE !
- JESSICA ALBA - SEXY UNDERWEAR ?
- VANESSA HUDGENS GIVES GOOD ADVICE ???
- ANGELINE JOLIE CLAIMS ONLY 4 LOVERS ???
- DIRTY DOODLES ???
- SEXY SIENNA MILLER
- COLLEGE KID GETS "TAZED" BY POLICE FOR ASKING A QU...
- NEBRASKA SENATOR SUES GOD ???
- URBAN MOTORCROSS FREESTYLERS ! ! !
- JENNIFER ELLISON - BLACK BIKINI PHOTOS
- CHINESE MAN KILLED BY THE INTERNET ???
- SALLY FIELD EMMY ACCEPTANCE SPEECH
- $250,000 FOR A NIGHT WITH PAM ???
- CHEERS' OWN CLIFF CLAVIN ON JEOPARDY
- CHINESE FREESTYLE ROLLER BLADER
- YOUNG HOLLYWOOD GLAMOUR !!!
- WHY IS PLUTO SO PISSED OFF ???
- PAMPITA - ARGENTINA'S SEXIEST MODEL
- BELICHICK NEEDS $500 K CHECK AFTER CHEATING FINE...
- ZENO- THE ARTIFICIAL BOY ! ! !
- HOW MANY VIRGINS WAS THAT ...???
- REJECTED TV ANCHOR AUDITION ARCHIVES
- JAPAN LAUNCHES MOON MISSION
- TIME MAGAZINE- 100 BEST TV SHOWS EVER !
- VANESSA HUDGENS - GIRLFRIENDS ?
- J-LO SHOWS OFF HER "REAL WOMAN" CURVES
- CATHERINE ZETA-JONES "TATTLER MAGAZINE"
- THE "ITS EVERY CUSS WORD WE KNOW" SONG !
- SEXY CELEBRITIES AT THE MARC JACOBS FASHION SHOW
- SEN LARRY CRAIG - "NOT GUILT, NOT GAY" ?
- HOW NOT TO SAY "HONEY, I'M SORRY"
- TECHNOLOGY OF THE FUTURE ! ! !
- 911 - COINCIDENCES, INCOMPETENTS, CONSPIRACY ?
- BRITNEY SPEARS - MTV MUSIC AWARDS
- COLORADO WOMAN IS LICENSED BEAVER LOVER
- MARIAH CAREY - BLACK ? WHITE ? SEXY ! ! !
- HOW AMERICA KEEPS THE WORLD SAFE ???
- WHAT DOES YOUR DOG THINK ???
- JAPANESE TV - MORE HUMAN TETRIS !!!
- JENNIFER ELLISON - ORANGE BIKINI PHOTOS
- MITCH HEDBERG - STILL MAKES ME LAUGH !
- LATEST COLLEGE CRAZE "GIRL ON GIRL ASTRO LUBE WRES...
- ASHLEY TISDALE - COUNTDOWN TO INTERNET NUDITY
- A BRIEF HISTORY OF VIRAL VIDEOS !
- VANESSA HUDGENS - " Say Ok Music Video"
- VANESSA HUDGENS BEACH PARTY
- VANESSA HUDGENS HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL NUDIE
- 4-YEAR OLD CALLS POLICE FOR HELP WITH MATH ?
- GOOD LUCK CHUCK - " THE L WORD"
- LUCIANO PAVAROTTI & JAMES BROWN "MAN...
- GUMMY BEARS - THE CANDY SO DELICIOUS...
- EVA LONGORIA - ARENA MAGAZINE SHOOT
- ▼ September (123)