Thursday, October 9, 2008
The Lingerie Football League, the publicity stunt you might have seen on pay-per-view during a recent Super Bowl halftime show, is taking its bras, panties, and straps to the gridiron for real, forming a league set to premiere in September 2009. Tryouts took place in Seattle this past week and Mitchell Mortaza, founder of LFL, said the reason games won't begin for a year is because they were looking for the hotties at first, and will now try to instill in them some actual football skills to go along with the flowing hair and potential perky enhancements.
League play won't start until next September, partly because football skill isn't a requirement. The tryout at Green Lake Field was more about testing athletic ability and gauging beauty.
"Yeah, it's sexy, but that just draws the viewers," said founder Mortaza, 34, of West Hollywood. "You've got to keep them, and the fan base has to respect it. Because of that, you're going to see girls that are beautiful, but athletic, and take it seriously."
Vince McMahon, did you hear that? You actually need skill to carry a league. A novel concept, I suppose.
The league will be comprised of 10 teams, all with names that look derived from a Spearmint Rhino timesheet. We enjoy games with the L.A. Temptations, New York Euphoria, Dallas Desire, Chicago Bliss, Atlanta Steam, Seattle Mist, Miami Caliente, San Diego Seduction, Tampa Breeze, and Phoenix Crotch Scorch. I just keep imagining what these mascots will look like. How do you truly personify a "Seduction"? And I don't even want to know how they're going about the Steam.
One of the participants, a 23-year-old from Tacoma, Wash., said she believes there is a big enough demographic that it shouldn't have a problem gaining fans. Obviously she's been introduced to that sneaky demographic called "men."
"I'm willing to show some skin in the name of football," said Alicia McLaughlin. "I feel like it's my true calling. And there's going to be haters, people scoffing at it, but there's a big enough demographic that it shouldn't have any problems creating a fan base."
Wow, sure beats the "true calling" story my last four girlfriends have told me about moving away and not having a cell phone. Seriously, what are the chances?
According to Mortaza, the players will make $40,000 a year, which really is going to be a huge pay cut for the majority of these ladies, who undoubtedly come from big law firms and investment brokerage firms.
EUROPE'S FINEST TOPLESS HONEYS
"Intelligence is the capacity to receive, decode and transmit information efficiently. Stupidity is blockage of this process at any po...
Pat Venditte is a minor league pitcher with the Staten Island Yankees. He was selected in the 20th round of the 2008 draft with the 620th ov...
Ava Fiore is a Playboy model and 2002 Golden Gloves champion boxer. She was arrested on Wednesday night on I 80 east in Kimball, Nebraska. P...
Wow Paulina still very perky at 44 ! Read about Paulas interesting childhood escaping the iron curtain THE NILES LESH PROJECT - ALL...
Donald Trump, a co-owner of “Miss USA”, “Miss Universe” and “Miss Teen USA” pageants, has come up with a new reality TV show which will take...
Missed it ? - The Archives !
- ► 2010 (80)
- ► 2009 (319)
- HALLOWEEN 2008 - Things That Scare Me !
- GREEN PORN - Snails ?
- 2008 WORLD CHAMPION PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
- JESSICA BIEL - Marie Claire - UK
- Even More Halloween Pet Costumes !
- OLIVIA MUNN - Sexy Halloween - Complex
- ANNALYNNE McCORD - Christian Audiger 's TI Party
- Ivan Ukov - The Drunken High Jumper ?
- INTERNET GOLD SERIES - #7
- This is the Sun
- TOM CRUISE Can't Stop Farting ?
- GISELE BUNDGEN - American Photo Magazine
- Political Speech Gets a Little Too Honest ?
- AWESOME PASSED OUT DRUNK PHOTOS !
- NAOMI CAMPBELL - New Bondage Thing ?
- The Real Fashion Advice You Need to Hear ?
- Dog Halloween Costumes !
- Girls of the Presidential Debates - Hofstra
- DEF LEPPARD DISSES THE STANLEY CUP ?
- MIRANDA KERR - FHM - UK - November 2008
- RUDY RAY MOORE "DOLEMITE" 1927-2008
- MILA KUNIS - MAX PAYNE Premier
- PUMPKIN GEEK ?
- Funeral for a Goldfish ?
- AUTUMN HARVEST - Around the World
- Mienfoks - INTERNET GOLD SERIES - #4
- KYLIE MINOGUE - 2009 Calendar Photos
- LA PEQUENA is back as SARAH PALIN !
- RHIANNA - Beach Bikini Babe Shoot
- SERINA WILLIAMS CAN SURF ???
- SHE IS "F" - ING SETH ROGAN ?
- ELISABETTA CANALIS - Italy's Hottest Talkshow Host...
- Amazing KFC Chicken Bone Art !
- Best Man's Epic Failure !
- SALMA HAYEK - On the Set of 30 Rock
- LERYN FRANCO - The Olympic Model
- CATS & DOGS AND TOILETS ?
- Dubai's NAKHEEL Tower - One Kilometer High !
- LISA ANN is Sarha in "Nailin' Paylin" !!!
- BARACK OBAMA - Really Knows His Pie !
- Fascinating Food Art !
- I have Got to Clean My Apartment !
- Paul over at Beds4less has a Meltdown !
- MILA KUNIS - Sarah Marshall Publicity - Complex Ma...
- Mienfoks - INTERNET GOLD SERIES - #5
- Husbands Revenge !
- ADRIANA LIMA - Victoria's Secret - VS Wish
- MORGANE DUBLED - HARPER'S BAZAAR - UK
- THE UKULELE ORCHESTRA OF GREAT BRITIAN
- ANGELINE JOLIE - CHANGELING PREMIER
- HOOTERS 2009 SWIMSUIT CALENDER GIRLS !
- The Girlfriend - Wii Debate ?
- Hey Ladies ! -The Lingerie Football League
- BANKSY - NYC SHOW - Now Open !
- HALLE BERRY - ESQUIRES SEXIEST WOMAN 2008
- CHRISTINA AGUILERA - MTV VideoMusicAwards 2008
- The Legend of Spaghetti Cat !
- KENDRA WILKINSON - SUN & FUN 21- After Party
- TRICIA HELFER - GERMAN MAXIM
- ODE TO THE F***KING CUBS FANS !
- MEGAN FOX - Gets Wet on the Set
- GEMMA ATKINSON - 2009 CALENDER PHOTOS
- The Sexy Golf Lesson ?
- Mienfoks - INTERNET GOLD SERIES - #3
- The Art of Trash Shadows ?
- STEELER FANS ARE FOR REAL !
- HALLE BERRY - New Old School Photos ?
- OLD SCHOOL CIGARETTE ADS !
- The STAR TREK Barber Shop Quartet ?
- NICOLE SCHERZINGER - Tight fit
- KATY PERRY - POP STAR CLEAVAGE !
- The New RUBIK'S MIRROR CUBE !
- KAROLINA KURKOVA - Topless on the Beach
- PANIA ROSE - Victoria's Secret
- I GOOGLE MYSELF !
- EMANUELLE BEART - Nude - French Elle
- Legendary HENRY EARL Arrested 1333 times !
- ARNOLD SWARZENEGGER Likes to get baked !
- ▼ October (78)